Auto Chart User Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remove Zeroline around island that doesn't exist?

2 posters

Go down

Remove Zeroline around island that doesn't exist? Empty Remove Zeroline around island that doesn't exist?

Post by ggagnon Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:44 pm

I'm a brand new Autochart Live user.  I've just started making my own maps, but I have a problem with the base Lakemaster map.  It has islands that don't exist.  It's not just a depth problem, some of those "islands" are easily 10-20 feet below the surface.

Here's an image showing my imported logs before I map, clearly I drive my boat "over land" here.

Remove Zeroline around island that doesn't exist? NJejyA2

After I create the map:

Remove Zeroline around island that doesn't exist? OqPA8Zg

And Lakemaster:

Remove Zeroline around island that doesn't exist? Hxf6pVw

So?  How can I remove these ghost islands?  BTW, this is a large river... creating a custom shoreline would be time consuming.  Can I not just force Autochart to ignore certain zerolines?

ggagnon

Back to top Go down

Remove Zeroline around island that doesn't exist? Empty Re: Remove Zeroline around island that doesn't exist?

Post by ggagnon Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:14 pm

So, an update.  I contacted Hummingbird customer support and I was informed there is a setting to disable shorelines when generating the Lakemaster contours.

The trick is, to map a very specific area around the ghost island with the "shoreline" setting OFF, and then map small areas all around the ghost island with the shoreline setting back ON.  That did the trick to get semi correct depths (for the few passes I did).

Remove Zeroline around island that doesn't exist? 1TR6PvG

And the result:

Remove Zeroline around island that doesn't exist? 0LrnN6R

ggagnon

Back to top Go down

Remove Zeroline around island that doesn't exist? Empty Re: Remove Zeroline around island that doesn't exist?

Post by bru Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:40 pm

Nice, thanks for the info.
Too bad you had to answer your own question but these things are complicated.

bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down