Auto Chart User Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overlaying On Lakemaster Map

2 posters

Go down

Overlaying On Lakemaster Map Empty Overlaying On Lakemaster Map

Post by Pathfinder2000V Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:35 pm

Went through the tutorial mapping just fine, but when I generated my first custom map on my own it won't overlay with my Lakemaster SD card map. I can only see one or the other. Tried every combination of chart card and basemap choice controls available on my 1199. I must have missed a step in map creation ?

Pathfinder2000V

Back to top Go down

Overlaying On Lakemaster Map Empty Re: Overlaying On Lakemaster Map

Post by Pathfinder2000V Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:17 pm

Well, it seems I was missing some chart menu options on my 1199 unit. Talked with Humminbird and confirmed my software was up to date, but the "Overlay" and "Transparency" chart menu controls weren't showing up. They had me switch the Lakemaster and Zero Line card slot positions in the 1199 and they magically appeared.
Just moved the Zero Line card from the right card slot to the left card slot. Had no problem overlaying the AC map after that.

They had no explanation as to why that helps sometimes. Apparently it just does.
Anyway, good thing to know to try if something's not working right.

Pathfinder2000V

Back to top Go down

Post by Chadx Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:59 pm

It was the same for me on my helix 12. I could not get my autochart lakemaster, that i created, to overlay my factory lakemaster. I do have the menu items you were missing, but the autochart overlay wouldn't show up until i put the zeroline card in the left card slot and lakemaster in the right (i also powered on with only the zeroline card in the left and waited to insert the lakemaster card into the right slot until unit was hot). Not sure which solved the issue, but i could then see my autochart overlay the lakemaster countours. Hope that helps someone troubleshoot.

I thought it interesting that the autochart overlay doesn't show at all, however, until I am zoomed in quite close. Is that normal? Of course, my data was only one straight pass, so maybe it behaves differently when one has a nice wide grid of data. I'll know as soon as i can record a larger grid section.

Chadx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down