Auto Chart User Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot Create AutoChart Pro Maps on Desktop But Can On Laptop

Go down

Cannot Create AutoChart Pro Maps on Desktop But Can On Laptop Empty Cannot Create AutoChart Pro Maps on Desktop But Can On Laptop

Post by rbdavis3591 Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:10 pm

In July I purchased and installed AutoChart Pro on my desktop computer and have been importing my .HT files from my Helix 5 SI without any problems. In the past couple of weeks however when I import the files the green boxes are not showing up anywhere. I also tried opening a .ACD file but it also does not show up on the map.

I then installed AutoChart Pro on my laptop and was able to successfully load the .HT files without problems. I have followed CamoHunter tutorials and even unintstalled/reinstalled AutoChart Pro but the problem continues with the desktop computer.

Searching has not provided any clues so does anybody have any suggestions on what actions I can try taking? I have submitted a contact request to Humminbird today but not sure when I will receive a response.

Thanks.-

rbdavis3591

Back to top Go down

Cannot Create AutoChart Pro Maps on Desktop But Can On Laptop Empty Cannot Create AutoChart Pro Maps on Desktop But Can On Laptop

Post by rbdavis3591 Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:46 am

I have not received any replies to my original post so thought I would give an update of my support request from Humminbird that started over a month ago:

9/18/2015: Reported problem via website.
9/24/2015: Humminbird responded with generic response. My email reply sent same day.
10/1/2015: No response received from Humminbird so sent another email requesting status.
10/2/2015: Humminbird sent email requesting .HT file. My email reply sent same day with requested file.
10/8/2015: No response received from Humminbird so sent another email requesting status. Response received from Humminbird stating they are working on it.
10/12/2015: Response received from Humminbird asking to uninstall/reinstall AutoChart Pro. My email reply sent same day stating I had already done so before contacting them and asked if I should do it a second time.
10/20/2015: No response received from Humminbird so sent another email requesting status. Response received from Humminbird to uninstall/reinstall AutoChart Pro a second time. Reply email sent same day advising I did as requested but problem remains. Provided screen shots of what AutoChart Pro looks like on my computer.

With Humminbird averaging one response every week I expect resolution sometime in 2016 when, if nothing else, I just uninstall AutoChart Pro for good.

rbdavis3591

Back to top Go down

Cannot Create AutoChart Pro Maps on Desktop But Can On Laptop Empty Resolved - Cannot Create AutoChart Pro Maps on Desktop But Can On Laptop

Post by rbdavis3591 Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:54 am

After more than a month without any replies from this forum and the only assistance Humminbird being able to provide was that my files were valid I took it on myself to resolve the program using the following steps:

1. Uninstalled AutoChart Pro for the 3rd time.
2. Ensured the directory where AutoChart Pro no longer existed.
3. Went into the Windows Registery Editor (not recommended for the faint of heart or unknowledgeable). I did not use a finesse approach but rather did a more drastic action. I searched and deleted any and all keys that had AutoChart in them. Doing this has appeared to have not caused any problems but YMMV if you try this same approach.
4. Closed all running programs and rebooted computer.
5. Reinstalled AutoChart Pro including the activation key.

Once this was done AutoChart Pro now works like it did before, without problems. While I would have liked to have known what the exact problem was at least the problem was resolved after 40+ days.

rbdavis3591

Back to top Go down

Cannot Create AutoChart Pro Maps on Desktop But Can On Laptop Empty Re: Cannot Create AutoChart Pro Maps on Desktop But Can On Laptop

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down