Auto Chart User Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome - Please Introduce Yourself

+23
Benni Tune
Onixphil
Darkhorse
AllenW
SGTPalm1
Jeffz1961
ltharley
ussim41
hdi90
Bilco
Admin
Terrible45
LeonB
liketrolling
Wackyrig63
Jesper
EricM
Dave-Weatherall
The BearKatt
JPK
nitro78
Dick1200
DougV
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Welcome - Please Introduce Yourself  Empty Welcome - Please Introduce Yourself

Post by DougV Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:34 pm

My Name is Doug Vahrenberg and I'm addicted to Humminbird Side Imaging and now Auto Chart Programs. I live on the West Coast...of Missouri and love fishing and electronics. I compete in the BASSmaster Opens and various other events as time allows. Hope you enjoy this Auto Chart Forum and be sure to share your experiences and images so we all can learn from the features these awesome programs offer.

Products: Auto Chart Pro, Auto Chart Live, ONIX 10 Combo (Bow), ONIX 10 SI (Console), 360 Imaging.

Here is what Auto Charts has done for me:

Welcome - Please Introduce Yourself  Snp07210

Personal Best Walleye  (Truman Lake Missouri)

Welcome - Please Introduce Yourself  G0140810

And Some Hybrid Striped Bass

Welcome - Please Introduce Yourself  G0170910
DougV
DougV
Admin

http://www.dougvahrenberg.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome - Please Introduce Yourself  Empty Re: Welcome - Please Introduce Yourself

Post by Dick1200 Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:05 am

Hi everyone. I'm Dick Gauthier, retired, from suburban Chicago. An avid fisherman in Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin, I'm new to SI and Auto Chart, but anxious to learn. I've got a "starter" 598 and am just beginning to learn and love the features.

Dick1200

Back to top Go down

Welcome - Please Introduce Yourself  Empty Re: Welcome - Please Introduce Yourself

Post by DougV Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:31 pm

Welcome...we are trying to add as much content as we can to help build this as the Number 1 Resource for Auto Chart Users. If You have questions about the Auto Chart PC Program which will be what you are working with please ask in the Auto Chart PC Program Tips N Tricks Forum.

We got some great masterminds and resourcing that will joining to help us become better with Auto Chart Programs and Features.
DougV
DougV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nitro78 Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:26 am

Hi to all on the forum, I'm Nicolas from France in Normandie, I dive and fich on DD wrecks, will autochart for having complet map of diving site. (soory for my English!)
I use ONIXCP10' with SM3000 and chirp transducer TM265 + 2 side transducer for sea fishing.

nitro78

Back to top Go down

Post by JPK Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:49 pm

Hello,

I'm JP Kennedy from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I fish primarily on the Winnipeg River and Lake of the Woods in Canada. I have been a Walleye tournament angler for 15 years and am now venturing into Bass tournaments. I have been making custom maps for 5 years with Dr. Depth and now own a Humminbird Onix and Autochart Pro.

JPK

Back to top Go down

Post by The BearKatt Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:04 am

Hey Folks, my name is Jim, from Belleville, Ontario, Canada. I have a 2013 HumminBird 798CXI HD SI Combo, software updated in July 2014 and have now installed Autochart Pro, (ACP), and I am about to create my first topo map this weekend. HB 798 has many wonderful features, heck, I'm still trying to figure them out, but the lake I fish most on, their are no maps, hence my purchase of ACP. I mainly fish for pickeral/walleye and perch. Have participated in a number of amature tournaments, and had a blast! I get my 6 grandkids out fishing as much as I can, so I need to be able to find multiple shoals and structure, as their patience doesn't last long when the fishing bites stop!! LOL

So, I am truely excited, hoping to get a few pointers, tip's and tricks, any expertise I can, from fellow ameture and veteran anglers, HB tech experts, old farts like myself and of course, this ACP forumotion!!

Doug Vahrenberg, certainly looks like a wealth of knowledge

The BearKatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave-Weatherall Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:12 pm

Hi, my name is Dave Weatherall and I am addicted to Bass fishing. I joined the local Bassmaster club last year but have fishing for more than 50 years. I own a hummingbird 899 SI and a 859 Di. I have using my units to find humps and structure and recording sonar log as I go. When I find good spots, I fish the spots a lot slower to refine the area. I am from Ontario, Canada and most of the maps are outdated or don't exist. Autochart pro has allowed me to see the bottom of the lakes in 3D as if I drained the water out. The units allow me to fish weed lines and drop offs with ease. The knowledge that hummingbird allowed me to gain I just 1 month help me win our Bassmaster club tournment last weekend, also big fish. I can help any one, please drop me a line.

Dave-Weatherall

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave-Weatherall Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:13 pm

Hi, my name is Dave Weatherall and I am addicted to Bass fishing. I joined the local Bassmaster club last year but have fishing for more than 50 years. I own a hummingbird 899 SI and a 859 Di. I have been using my units to find humps and structure and recording sonar log as I go. When I find good spots, I fish the spots a lot slower to refine the area. I am from Ontario, Canada and most of the maps are outdated or don't exist. Autochart pro has allowed me to see the bottom of the lakes in 3D as if I drained the water out. The units allow me to fish weed lines and drop offs with ease. The knowledge that hummingbird allowed me to gain I just 1 month help me win our Bassmaster club tournment last weekend, also big fish. I can help any one, please drop me a line.

Dave-Weatherall

Back to top Go down

Post by EricM Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:32 am

I am Eric Maurer from southeast Tennessee. I run a Humminbird 1199 and have been using Auto Chart and LakeMaster on it. I am a multi-species fisherman, specializing in giant blue catfish on the Tennessee river, and I hold a number of IGFA world line class records. I look forward to sharing information with you.
EricM
EricM

Back to top Go down

Post by DougV Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:42 pm

Welcome all and be sure to share your questions and any screen captures of Auto Chart Products and how they help you catch more fish.
DougV
DougV
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesper Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:04 am

Hi All, I'm working by Normark Denmark. We are distributing Johnson Outdoors products in Denmark. I'm fishing from land and from boat. I primarily fish after northen pike, Zander, salmon and perch (Bass). Looking forward to join this Group and share my material and questions or help any one if I can ;oD
Br.
Jesper K. Johansen

Jesper

http://www.normark.dk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wackyrig63 Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:47 pm

New to the forum. My name is Ken and live in Spring, TX. I purchased AutoChart with a new Humminbird 1199ci HD SI combo this week. I mostly fish lakes of central Texas and Sam Rayburn, Ray Roberts, Choke, and Lake Palestine. My passion is kayak bass fishing tournaments. The thrill is learning new water and developing insight that no one else knows. Thus my desire to learn Autochart.

I'm not the most computer/software savvy person so will be following this forum with great interest and request patience with any questions I will have. I'll be more than happy to share everything I learn with others.

Looking forward to sharing information and tips!

Wackyrig63

Back to top Go down

Post by liketrolling Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:10 pm

I live and fish in Utah I have a i-Pilot Link and a 998 si with lake master and Navionics.
I mostly troll using downriggers at Flaming Gorge Reservoir and Strawberry Reservoir
for Kokanee Salmon , Rainbow Trout, Lake Trout (Mackinaw) and Cutthroat Trout.
this spring I want to buy a Humminbird ONIX10ci Combo (I don't think I need SI.)
and buy auto charts live.
I will move the 998 to the front on my minkota, and put the onix Transducer on the back of the boat. I hope the signals will not interfere.

liketrolling

Back to top Go down

Post by LeonB Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:41 pm

Hi,
My name is Leon and I'm a Humminbird freak :-)
The HB products I use are the Onix 10SI and Onix 8 combo bow mounted incl. Terrova with i-pilot link and the autochart pro program.
I'm living in Holland and fish on walleye, pike and bass.

LeonB

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrible45 Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:56 am

Hy Mister guru Doug, hi all and Nitro78  Rolling Eyes  

Doug, you are impressionant, i'm a fan to you since 4 years...

My name is Xavier and i leave in FRANCE, 15 kms of the castle " CHAMBORD" in a " LOIRET".

I'm modo on the forum HUMMIBIRD FRANCE and sponso Navicom (Importator Humminbird & Minn Kota for the France).

I have a 998 HD SI / Ethernet / 360 ° / I pilot LINK with terrova 55 lb / Autochart Pro / WeatherSense.    

Very thanks to create this forum specially for Autochart.

I 'm sorry for my poor Eglish School.  Embarassed

Best regards
Xavier
Terrible45
Terrible45

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:14 am

Welcome aboard Xavier. Be sure to share experiences from overseas. We love seeing AutoChart in action from around the world.

Admin
Admin

https://autochart.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nitro78 Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:40 pm

bienvenue Terrible une deuxième grenouille! Very Happy

nitro78

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilco Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:55 pm

Hi my name is Bill I am on the westcoast in British Columbia and fish for bass I have an 1198 on the bow and a 998 at the helm.l just added Auto chart and a ipilot link and am looking forward to making my own maps.

Bilco

Back to top Go down

Welcome - Please Introduce Yourself  Empty LE SUD DE LA FRANCE

Post by hdi90 Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:22 am

Hello has all I m call Amaury 28 years j live in France j a 1198 with autochart pro use an engine powerdrive 55 i pilot and to create my mapping .dsl for English c a translator .bonne day has all

hdi90

Back to top Go down

Post by ussim41 Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:19 pm

Hi I'm Tom Cerrato from mt. home, ar

ussim41

Back to top Go down

Post by ltharley Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:57 am

My name is Dennis and I M new to Autochart and this forum. I live in Antioch Illinois and fish mainly in se Wisconsin. I purchased Autochart Pro a couple weeks ago. I have a Humminbird 798ciHDsi and a Minnkota Terrova 55.
Have mapped a portion of a few lakes and learning that I need to be more methodical as the finished product is a bit off. Tried the grid pattern and think I have too much info as areas are black. Tried just fishing / trolling and seems to be too little.
Start to get the pc part, but still a bit confusing.
Dennis

ltharley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeffz1961 Sun May 24, 2015 6:31 pm

My name is Jeff, and I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and purchase Autochart for my 898c HD SI unit. I'm from Ohio, and I predominantly fish for muskie. I troll 90% of the time/cast the other 10%.

Jeffz1961

Back to top Go down

Welcome - Please Introduce Yourself  Empty newbie

Post by fisherman60@knology.net Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:19 am

I am Brantley from clarks hill reservoir in Georgia. i am trying to learn about this technology and see if it will be useful for me. I have 2 of the 900 series Humminbirds, front deck and console locations and use side imaging on console unit.

fisherman60@knology.net

Back to top Go down

Welcome - Please Introduce Yourself  Empty Will from Florida, anyone have sample data for autochart?

Post by SGTPalm1 Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:50 pm

Will from Florida, do most of my fishing in Charlotte Harbor and Marco Island. I just installed onix 10si and 360 imaging. I am looking for some sample data as I just received autochart. I cant get back on the water for a bit and was looking for some sonar data I can use and get use to the program till I can venture back out to get my own sonar data.

SGTPalm1

Back to top Go down

Post by AllenW Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:11 pm

Howdy, I'm trying to use the Auto Chart to map the north shore of Superior, well, at least from about Two Harbors and further north as my existing cards have little information and is mostly inaccurate anyway.

I fish mostly Trout and Salmon there.

MY problem now is, whether I can do this with my 1198 SI, HUmminbird says no, others say yes. Smile

Live in Mpls and a retired HVAC tech.

Al

AllenW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum