Auto Chart User Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Printing and Raw XYZ data

3 posters

Go down

Printing and Raw XYZ data Empty Printing and Raw XYZ data

Post by seaQuest Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:46 pm

Hi, I am in the market for "user based mapping software" similar to Autochart or Insight Genesis. I was wondering if Autochart allows you to print off maps. I don't believe other programs do, but could not find out this information from calling Hummingbird.

Also, while I was on the phone with Humming Bird I asked them If it was possible to get the "X, Y, Z" coordinates from the Autochart program. By this I mean I am looking for the Lat , Long., depth raw data that the Autochart uses to create the contours for the bathymetry maps. The person I spoke with at Hummingbird said "yes" but I am not sure he understood what I was asking.

Thanks!

seaQuest

Back to top Go down

Printing and Raw XYZ data Empty Re: Printing and Raw XYZ data

Post by CamoHunter Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:52 pm

You can print maps, but works best if you just print small sections of the map. From memory, I think you go to File -> Save Screen Snapshot. Or something similar to that.

Also, from what I remember, you cannot get an X, Y, Z of the data points that I've found. There's probably a way somehow, to get it from your .ht hummingbird tracks, or your .dat sonar recordings, but I haven't found a way to get it from the AutoChart program.

CamoHunter

Back to top Go down

Printing and Raw XYZ data Empty Re maps and xyz

Post by bzf Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:06 am

You can print maps in various ways under file you can use the save screen shot. I like the create map image under tools you can also create a kml file and insert that into google earth. Little painful but make sure the 32 bit map is checked also large maps will be cut off.
Next xyz, I haven't used it in a long time but you can download a program off hummingbird website called hummingbird pc and it will show you xyz data. Not sure if you can export of print though. You may have to experiment with it. Hope this helps.

bzf

Back to top Go down

Printing and Raw XYZ data Empty Re: Printing and Raw XYZ data

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down