Auto Chart User Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I delete the .son files from the zero lines card after I make the AC map?

2 posters

Go down

Can I delete the .son files from the zero lines card after I make the AC map? Empty Can I delete the .son files from the zero lines card after I make the AC map?

Post by docbyro Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:25 pm

Hi,

I did a lot of recording on a large reservoir on my first time out with AutoChart. Looks like about 2/3 of my zero line card is full of this recorded data. After I make an AutoChart map from the .son data files, can I delete them? If so, if I record more data from the same lake, will it add to the original map I made?

Thanks,

Bri

docbyro

Back to top Go down

Can I delete the .son files from the zero lines card after I make the AC map? Empty Re: Can I delete the .son files from the zero lines card after I make the AC map?

Post by CamoHunter Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:57 pm

Yes, I would first save a backup copy of the raw folder/files on your computer though. That way, if something happened with your .acd autochard files, you could get them back. Or, if AutoChart were to ever go away as some new technology replaces it down the road, you'd still have your original sonar recording files.

CamoHunter

Back to top Go down