Auto Chart User Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

System Questions

3 posters

Go down

System Questions Empty System Questions

Post by Jeffz1961 Mon May 25, 2015 10:39 am

My unit is an 898c HD SI.

1. Can I simultaneously record to an HDSD card and use the other functions, i.e. SI, DI, chart view?

2. Once the recording time is up, can I just insert another HDSD card and continue to record?

3. How many acres of lakes fit on the Autochart Zero Lines Card (ZLC)? Or, approximately how much space on the ZLC does a given map take up? How many GBs can be saved to the ZLC? (I'd like to map about ten, 2,600 acre lakes.)

4. Will maps made in Auto Chart list a number with the depth of the contour in feet, for example? Or, does it just show the contour lines? Does the map that's made have all of the exact features of a "stock" Lakemaster map?

v/r,

Jeff

Jeffz1961

Back to top Go down

System Questions Empty Re: System Questions

Post by CamoHunter Wed May 27, 2015 10:46 am

1. Yes, when you create a sonar recording, the unit is just saving all the raw data (2d sonar, DI, SI, depth, gps position, etc). Your depthfinder will function the same as it does while not collecting sonar recordings.

2. Yes. However, I'd recommend limiting your sonar recordings to about an hour each. That way, if something were to happen with your card, or your unit, you don't loose hours of data. You'll need to monitor the storage capacity of your card, and when you're getting close to filling up the card, simply stop your current recording. Switch the sd card out with a new one, and start your next sonar recording.

3. You'd be surprised at how big of an area you can fit on the zerolines card. Essentially, when you transfer maps from AutoChart to your Zerolines sd card, it is basically just copying a georeferenced image to your zerolines card. Meaning that it is an image, correctly oriented and lined up with appropriate gps coordinates. It is slightly more complicated than that, but the point is, a map really doesn't take up that much storage space on your card.
Further, you can create multiple folders (custom maps) to cover different areas. For example, if I wanted to map a lake in Florida, and a lake in Washinton, I would need to create two AC folders (AC1, AC2). It sort of gets complex, but it is possible to do.

4. AutoChart maps on your ZeroLines SD card, will have all of the exact features of a "stock" Lakemaster map. You can see this by looking at the last 5 pages of my tutorial, here: How to Import Data and Create a Map

CamoHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by ANAZOUL Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:34 pm

Explain very clearly and learn something new skill, appreciate!

ANAZOUL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down