Auto Chart User Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making a map with Solix Sonar Recording

2 posters

Go down

Making a map with Solix Sonar Recording Empty Making a map with Solix Sonar Recording

Post by drock Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:30 pm

I have previously been making maps using data from my 899.  I just updated to a solix 12 SI and recorded a number of sonar recordings.  I have transferred the data from my card to my computer hard drive.  I have attempted to import the B001.SON files and I get an error stating "NO DATA FOUND".  The file size is 97,898 KB.  I also attempted to import B002, B003 and B004 and received the same error.  In addition I tried other recordings made with the solix and received the same result.

To test I attempted to import data I had previously recorded on the 899 unit and it imported fine.  

One thing I did notice that the solix data files were much larger than the 899 data files.  I don't know if this is part of the issue or not.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

drock

Back to top Go down

Making a map with Solix Sonar Recording Empty Might need to upgrade

Post by snogger Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:59 pm

Had the same issue going from the Onix to the Solix.. After upgrading the Autochart program my issue was resolved:
https://www.humminbird.com/support/software-updates

drock wrote:I have previously been making maps using data from my 899.  I just updated to a solix 12 SI and recorded a number of sonar recordings.  I have transferred the data from my card to my computer hard drive.  I have attempted to import the B001.SON files and I get an error stating "NO DATA FOUND".  The file size is 97,898 KB.  I also attempted to import B002, B003 and B004 and received the same error.  In addition I tried other recordings made with the solix and received the same result.

To test I attempted to import data I had previously recorded on the 899 unit and it imported fine.  

One thing I did notice that the solix data files were much larger than the 899 data files.  I don't know if this is part of the issue or not.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

snogger

Back to top Go down