Auto Chart User Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using older recordings for autochart

+2
EricM
skigill
6 posters

Go down

Using older recordings for autochart Empty Using older recordings for autochart

Post by skigill Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:34 pm

Can you use older recordings to make maps with autochart? Such as I have some older recordings from an 1197, 798 and 1198. The instructions say to record to the zero lines card and import the data. Can you import the older recordings and use them?

skigill

Back to top Go down

Using older recordings for autochart Empty Re: Using older recordings for autochart

Post by EricM Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:43 pm

You can use the older recordings that have been put on regular cards, and in fact you might want to record to plain cards rather than your Zero Line card to keep from using all of the space and then having to move recordings from the Zero line card if you do a lot of recording. The only time this can cause a problem is if you wish to use the Lakemaster card plus your AutoChart overlays while you record, in which case you will have to record to the Zero line card. I record to a blank card and move the data to a file on my computer and save it in its original form in case I damage my files somehow. That way I will still have my recordings (hours and hours and hours) to re-enter into Autochart.
EricM
EricM

Back to top Go down

Using older recordings for autochart Empty Re: Using older recordings for autochart

Post by DougV Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:07 pm

Yes. You can use any sonar recordings from Humminbird to convert with Auto Chart PC Program. Once converted the maps must be saved to the Zero Line Card.
DougV
DougV
Admin

http://www.dougvahrenberg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zip308 Thu May 07, 2015 11:32 am

Can I use older recordings if I did not save the track?

zip308

Back to top Go down

Post by Amandny Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:41 am

If you’ve recorded video using other devices, like an old camcorder or camera, then you’ll have them on a Mac and need to get them to the iPad first.

Amandny

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoHunter Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:49 am

Amandny, they're talking about SONAR recordings. Not video recordings.

zip308,
Yes, if you have the .son and .dat sonar recording files, yes you can import them. There is no need to have the .ht humminbird track saved.

CamoHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down