Auto Chart User Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help please!!!

3 posters

Go down

Help please!!! Empty Help please!!!

Post by biglaker Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:38 pm

I took my card out of the unit after saving three files to it (3 separate files from 3 separate lakes). I imported the files individually. When I hit the create map button, the red box comes up, but no tracks are in it. I then hit the lakemaster update button to finalize (just to see if that would change things) and nothing. I tried this process several times, as well as re-exporting from the unit. What am I doing wrong? Things worked in the past, not sure why....frustrating!

biglaker

Back to top Go down

Help please!!! Empty Re: Help please!!!

Post by CamoHunter Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:59 pm

Which did you export, Humminbird Tracks or Sonar Recordings?

When you made the tracks, did you remember to save the track before turning off the depthfinder?

The lakemaster update will not do anything if there are no data points. Need to make sure there are data points first.

CamoHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by biglaker Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:52 pm

CamoHunter wrote:Which did you export, Humminbird Tracks or Sonar Recordings?

When you made the tracks, did you remember to save the track before turning off the depthfinder?

The lakemaster update will not do anything if there are no data points.  Need to make sure there are data points first.

I exported "select all and export" to sd/mmc. When I imported, I imported hummingbird tracks to autochart. I did save the tracks because they are still on the unit when I went to resave them and try again. They are actually on there visibly as well (the dotted trails). Not sure where to go next.

biglaker

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoHunter Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:26 am

I meant, when you originally collected the data. As in, they day that you were boating and made the humminbird track, did you save the track before turning off the unit.
The depthfinder keeps the tracks even if you turn off the unit before saving the track files, but if you don't remember to save the track before you shut off the unit, it only saves the lat/long data points, and all the depth data isn't saved, and goes to 0.0ft.
If you want, send me the .ht track files and I can take a look to see if they contain depth data, and if I can get them to read in AutoChart.

CamoHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishin_Chip Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:15 pm

"Tracks" are not sonar data, they are simply navigation data. To create a map, you require AutoChart Live recordings, or sonar logging files. If your unit has AutoChart Live, use it. If not, you will need to "log sonar" when you are mapping.

Cheers!

Fishin_Chip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum