Auto Chart User Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AutoChart Tutorial - How to Delete Your Map and Start Over

+3
CamoHunter
Rod333
Admin
7 posters

Go down

AutoChart Tutorial - How to Delete Your Map and Start Over Empty AutoChart Tutorial - How to Delete Your Map and Start Over

Post by CamoHunter Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:10 pm

Here is a link to a .pdf tutorial file I created to help some of you with learning Autochart.
(You have to be logged into this forum for the link to work.)

Click the link below:
AutoChart: How to Delete Your Map and Start Over

At the link you can view, print, or download the .pdf file for your use in learning the program.

Last edited by CamoHunter on Thu May 05, 2022 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

CamoHunter

Back to top Go down

AutoChart Tutorial - How to Delete Your Map and Start Over Empty Re: AutoChart Tutorial - How to Delete Your Map and Start Over

Post by Admin Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:12 am

Very Happy

Admin
Admin

https://autochart.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

AutoChart Tutorial - How to Delete Your Map and Start Over Empty Re: AutoChart Tutorial - How to Delete Your Map and Start Over

Post by Rod333 Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:27 pm

09.06.201517:26:54 Why would you need to delete your map and start over?

Rod333

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoHunter Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:55 am

I've had to for a variety of reasons. Some of the shoreline was inaccurate on my original map, so it created depth contours on land. Eventually, I got around to cleaning up and creating a custom shoreline. I wanted my map to have a cleaner look to it. As long as you keep all your depth data files, you can re-create a map at any time.

Most people will never have to delete a map and start over, but I have had several people who have needed to also. Nice to know you have the option to do so if necessary.

CamoHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGooly Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:19 pm

Thanks for this! Saved me a lot of grief.

TheGooly

Back to top Go down

Post by JiMinneye Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:49 pm

My existing map is full of errors and I want to start over. I printed off your tutorial. I deleted the AC Folder but my Zero Lines Card still has 3 files remaining that are ACU Files. I don't want to delete them until I know it's safe to do so. When I open the AutoChart program I still have green boxes on my map. I was hoping those would also be deleted as not all of my sonar recordings are showing up and I wanted to start out with no data at all. Can you please let me know what to do? Thanks, Jim

JiMinneye

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoHunter Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:47 pm

Open your chart file index, and click Open Default. That should tell you where the files are stored at that are still displaying.

CamoHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by CZ Fri May 05, 2017 11:15 am

What if you do not have a Zero Lines card? Can you delete the internal map and start over?

CZ

Back to top Go down

Post by ford a Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:18 pm

can anyone tel me what the ACDATA folder is on the Zerolines card? is this a result of exporting from the helix 9 or is it a default folder on the card, i.e. can I delete or rename it?  It was the only folder that had files in it after the export.  The files were a *.ACU type. I was able to make a Lakemaster file from them but the manuals didn't describe them.

thanks

ford a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down