Auto Chart User Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saving multiple tracks into one file?

2 posters

Go down

Saving multiple tracks into one file? Empty Saving multiple tracks into one file?

Post by Dragonfly Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:05 pm

I have several different tracks saved and can display them all on one map in Autochart Pro by using the Add feature. These tracks are of the same lake and were made on different days of different areas. How do I save this as one map or file with all the information? I have tried Save As with a new file name but it only saves the last one added.

Dragonfly

Back to top Go down

Saving multiple tracks into one file? Empty Re: Saving multiple tracks into one file?

Post by Fishin_Chip Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:35 pm

I assume by "tracks" you mean recordings.

The way AutoChart PC handles this is not intuitive. The confusion here (at least it was for me) is that AutoChart PC considers each file as a "map". When you are viewing the map you have created from multiple files, it is actually a collection of "maps". The only combined data that comes out of this is the LakeMaster update to your ZLC card.

I spend hours trying to figure out how to save the map I had created before I finally figured it out. Customer support was not particularly helpful with this.

At any rate, if you consider each .acd file as a "map", the way the program handles them should make more sense.

I have not figured out a way to combine maps (or files) other than the the "active chart files" (which defines the data files used to create your map) and the update LakeMaster feature. If anybody else has, I would love to hear about it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Fishin_Chip

Back to top Go down