Which transducer do i need?

Go down

Which transducer do i need?

Post by Rod333 on Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:46 pm

I have an aluminum boat. I need a transducer that will work at high speeds. I have a 999ci HD SI unit. I have the transducer mounter per instructions with the bottom of the transducer flush with the bottom of the boat. When I get up on plane the transducer does not work. Do I need one that shoots through the boat and if so which one?


Posts : 3
Join date : 2015-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Which transducer do i need?

Post by CamoHunter on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:32 am

No. You just need to adjust the placement of your transducer. I only have the side imaging transducer on my aluminum Lund Explorer. Works fine at speeds up to 40mph. You just have to tweak the placement until you get good readings up on plane.
If you can't accomplish that, some people have gone to a dual transducer setup where they use a Y-cable to use the side imaging transducer, along with the high speed XNT 9 20 T transducer.
You cannot place a transducer inside an aluminum boat, only fiberglass boats.


Posts : 79
Join date : 2015-01-21

Back to top Go down

Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum