AutoChart Pro conversion error and missing data

Post new topic   Reply to topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AutoChart Pro conversion error and missing data

Post by Wackyrig63 on Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:57 pm

I've been using AutoChart Pro for about 9 months and have had very good success recording data, making maps and exporting the map to my Humminbird 199ci HD SI. CamoHunter's tutorials were a great resource for learning how AutoChart works.

So, here is my problem, the last 2 times I went mapping, I have had the following happen: 1) upon importing the .dat file, I get an error message - "Wrong Beam Buddy", I know there is data there, I recorded it and the file properties shows it has some size (i.e. not 0kb), or 2) the .dat file will convert to .acd file but only some of the data shows up on the map, say a line or two, even though I may have run 20-30 lines across a feature.

Another thing I have noticed is that the .idx file extension properties box says this file opens with Office XML Handler. This doesn't sound correct.

I'm at wits end, any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Wackyrig63

Posts : 6
Join date : 2014-11-30
Location : Spring and New Braunfels, Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: AutoChart Pro conversion error and missing data

Post by Wackyrig63 on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:31 am

As I mentioned in the original post, I have been collecting data several months without any issues, until the last couple of times I went to a lake.

After reading online forums and wracking my feeble mind, I decided to give my fish finder power head some room to work and removed a significant number of old waypoints, a few recording files (since I export those anyway), tracks, etc. to free up some storage space. Other than that, I changed nothing, because I had changed nothing when I started having problems. I'm not one to punch button to hear pretty sounds.

Guess what? I went out yesterday and recorded 8 hours of data and it is all there, as usual.

My lesson learned? Remove unnecessary files from the power head. Don't challenge the storage capacity of the unit.


Wackyrig63

Posts : 6
Join date : 2014-11-30
Location : Spring and New Braunfels, Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: AutoChart Pro conversion error and missing data

Post by CamoHunter on Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:30 pm

Great tip!

Glad you got it figured out.

As a rule of thumb, I try to remove all excess waypoints, tracks, etc from my depthfinder after every few weeks or major trip. I keep all of my waypoints/track files organized in Humminbird PC. I create a new file in HumminbirdPC for each day or trip, and organize the file names by Lake Name-YYYY-MM-DD. From that standpoint, it is easy for me to 'dump' the data from my depthfinder to Humminbird PC, and if I return to a lake later, I can pick and choose which waypoints/tracks I want to re-upload back onto my Depthfinder before my trip.

My real world scenario is this:
I'll return from 3 days of ice fishing on Lake Hbird. I'll export all waypoints and tracks from my depthfinder to an SD card, take that SD card to my computer, and import that data onto my computer into Humminbird PC. I'll rename that Humminbird PC file to Lake Hbird-2015-01-12. Then delete those waypoints tracks off my depthfinder. Next year, I'll go back to Lake Hbird for an ice fishing trip, and I will want those fishing spots on my depthfinder when I return. So, when it comes time for my next trip, I go into Humminbird PC, send those waypoints/tracks to an SD card, and then take that SD card to my depthfinder, and load last year's data onto my depthfinder.

CamoHunter

Posts : 79
Join date : 2015-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: AutoChart Pro conversion error and missing data

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum