Auto Chart User Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I cant seem to get all my data to fit in one map.

2 posters

Go down

I cant seem to get all my data to fit in one map. Empty I cant seem to get all my data to fit in one map.

Post by DeweyMB Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:12 pm

I have followed camohunters tutorial on adding new data to an existing map.
I live in northern Manitoba and the lake I am trying to map is huge.
originally I started mapping out a small bay near home and I was able to create a custom depth map by importing just the hummingbird track data. and I was able to upload and view this map on my hummingbird unit.
after recording more sonar data on other parts of the lake, I tried to add more data to my map. I ended up with a bunch of green boxes that encompass the areas in which i took my recordings, so this seemed to be going good.
but once i right click in the middle of all the green boxes and select map here. the map shows one red box that doesn't include all of my depth info. the rest of the areas are outside of the red box and don't show up. also to note i have the box size setting at max size.
am i doing something wrong trying to combine all the data into one map? or is it just possible that the areas of the lake i am trying to map are to big for one custom map?? really need some help with this confusing program. thanks in advance.

DeweyMB

Back to top Go down

I cant seem to get all my data to fit in one map. Empty Re: I cant seem to get all my data to fit in one map.

Post by CamoHunter Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:11 pm

You're not doing anything wrong. But, after you map one area the size of the red box, then you have to pan over on the map, then click Tools - Recenter Map, and repeat the process that you did for the first area. Basically, you map a little area, upload that to the ZeroLines card, then shift over and map that area, upload that to the ZeroLines card, and keep repeating that process until you have the entire area complete.

CamoHunter

Back to top Go down

I cant seem to get all my data to fit in one map. Empty Re: I cant seem to get all my data to fit in one map.

Post by DeweyMB Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:38 pm

hi and thank you camo hunter your reply cleared things up. so basically on the autochart computer program i will only be able to see whats inside the red box. however as long as i upload the red box to zero lines card then re center the red box where my other track data is and re update the card. the map once in the hummingbird unit will show all the data and not be limited to the red box size is this correct? by the way your tutorials are much simpler to follow than the autochart manual so thank you and keep up the great job.

DeweyMB

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoHunter Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:57 am

You can see the whole map. You just need to change the background map to AC, instead of Lakemaster Default. Go to Tools -> Settings -> Background map.

The toolbar icon "create map" just reads the data points and makes the contour lines inside the red box. The "lakemaster update" icon, then ADDS those contour lines to the background map. So, the background map will contain data for all areas that you've done the 'lakemaster update' for, and can show a very large area.

CamoHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down