Auto Chart User Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exporting charts to use with other units

3 posters

Go down

Exporting charts to use with other units Empty Exporting charts to use with other units

Post by jeb Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:16 am

I think I'm under the mistaken impression I will be able to export charts from my Onix8 to use on my other HB units for free. I guess I read the stuff on the HB website about "nothing else to buy" and assumed it meant for all the features.

I've made a map on the Onix I'd like to use on my 798 and/or 997 units. Here's the question. What is the MINIMUM I'd need to buy to get that to happen?

jeb

Back to top Go down

Exporting charts to use with other units Empty Re: Exporting charts to use with other units

Post by jeb Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:35 pm

Hello? Anybody here?

jeb

Back to top Go down

Exporting charts to use with other units Empty Re: Exporting charts to use with other units

Post by Humminbird_greg Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:53 pm

If you are talking about a map made with the AutoChart Live feature of the ONIX units, than "No".
I don't think that any maps can be made for use with the 798 and 997 model units using AutoChart or AutoChart Pro.

Humminbird_greg

Back to top Go down

Post by Karl Dietz Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:25 pm

Don't mean to highjack but, I have an Onix 10 at the console networked to an Onix 10 at the bow.

I have AC Live maps on my console unit. How can I see them on the front unit?

Thanks!
Karl Dietz
Karl Dietz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:35 pm

Karl, ask your question on the HB forum over on BassBoatCentral.com. That is a much more active forum.

jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Karl Dietz Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:15 pm

I called HB and was told that you can only view recorded AC Live maps on the unit that recorded it.

This means that the AC Live maps can't be shared. I'll have to record from the front unit if I want to use the corrected map while fishing off the front.

This doesn't make any sense to me!
Karl Dietz
Karl Dietz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:56 pm

You would have to get a zero lines card to share it with the front unit. I just bought the Zero Lines Card, but have not done the process yet. From what I understand, I export the maps from the unit, load them on the computer and then save them to the ZL card. Then I plug the ZL card into my other unit, and viola, new map. But you can only run one map card at a time.

jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Karl Dietz Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:58 am

I hope you are right! I asked HB that question and was told NO!

Please let me know if it works!
Karl Dietz
Karl Dietz

Back to top Go down

Post by Karl Dietz Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:48 am

I think HB support was wrong. I moved the ZL card to the front unit and it worked! When I tried it before, I must have "unchecked" the AC Live square so the data wasn't displayed.

Karl Dietz wrote:I hope you are right! I asked HB that question and was told NO!

Please let me know if it works!
Karl Dietz
Karl Dietz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down