COPYING AUTOCHART PRO MAP TO A NEW ZERO LINE CARD

View previous topic View next topic Go down

COPYING AUTOCHART PRO MAP TO A NEW ZERO LINE CARD

Post by POPPOBOBBO on Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:49 pm

I have two Helix 10" units. A Helix 10 DI on the bow and a Helix 10 SI on the console. Both units are networked. I also have a zero lines card that came with my Auto Chart Pro software. I've done considerable mapping using Auto Chart Live from my console unit. I have imported the Auto Chart Live mapping from the zero lines card to my Auto Chart Pro software. Thanks to Camohunter's tutorials I have successfully built the maps in Auto Chart Pro. Currently, I am recording Auto Chart Live on the internal memory of my console Helix unit and place the zero lines card (with previously recorded Auto Chart Live mapping) in the bow Helix unit. This allows me to use the mapping from the zero lines card to fish from the bow with the trolling motor. At the end of the day, I place the zero lines card in the console Helix unit and it copies the Auto Chart Live data to the card and deletes it from the console unit. I now have the areas I wanted to map completed.

I had two Onix units on my last boat and the Auto Chart Live networked the mapping information to both units. I questioned Humminbird technical support why the Helix units didn't allow for the same and was told they operated from different platforms. Allowing Auto Chart Live to network to multiple units would be a huge upgrade for Humminbird users. By the way, I like the Helix units much better than the Onix units. They are much easier to operate.

My question, if I buy another zero lines card can I copy the original mapping from Auto Chart Pro software so I have two cards to use, one at the console and one at the bow? If I can, what is the procedure to copy the mapping from Auto Chart Pro?

Sorry for the long dissertation.

POPPOBOBBO

Back to top Go down

Re: COPYING AUTOCHART PRO MAP TO A NEW ZERO LINE CARD

Post by bru on Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:17 pm

This forum looks promising but I see so many good questions asked and left with no responses from members. Hmmm ? ?

bru

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top