Auto Chart User Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tide/Water Level Correction

3 posters

Go down

Tide/Water Level Correction Empty Tide/Water Level Correction

Post by Wxman Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:45 am

Just starting out with a Helix 9. Sorry if this is old news, but I couldn't find it directly addressed. I will be making sonar recordings and creating my own maps for the local reservoirs I fish the most. I understand the need to make corrections for the water level when it is not at the standard pool. However, I see that there is a way to enter this on the unit before recording and on the PC when the data is imported.
Is one better than the other?
If I make correction on unit during recording do I need to 'confirm' that correction when I import the data to the PC?
Can I skip the correction on the unit during recording and just make the correction during import? (Actually this is what I would like as the pool level is not normally posted by the time I begin fishing.)
Any explanation about how these two correction options work, and the easiest way to have correct maps is appreciated.
Thanks

Wxman

Back to top Go down

Tide/Water Level Correction Empty Re: Tide/Water Level Correction

Post by reefmo Sat May 06, 2017 11:50 am

I too have the same issue. A simple tutorial by the experts here would be awesome! (Including how to know how much your local body of water has varied from the last time you charted!).

reefmo

Back to top Go down

Post by bru Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:12 pm

This is a great question. Has anyone figured this out since the original posts or have some understanding of the issue they could contribute ? ?

bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down