Auto Chart User Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autochart Pro Recording Size - SD Card

2 posters

Go down

Autochart Pro Recording Size - SD Card Empty Autochart Pro Recording Size - SD Card

Post by chasing50 Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:41 pm

Hello All,

I'm trying to determine the space that is used on my SD card. I don't know how much memory the stock SD (with no recordings) uses so I have nothing to baseline it with. Every time I record it creates a data folder and I can see how much data was recorded. I update the lakemaster map and choose if I want to copy or move the folder off of the SD card. If I remove all the record folders and store elsewhere, it appears I can get more map records without using as much space.

Anyone know?

Also another big question is, if in the future I choose to go to Lowrance is any of my recordings transferable as lake charts? Am I locked with Humminbird forever?

chasing50

Back to top Go down

Autochart Pro Recording Size - SD Card Empty Re: Autochart Pro Recording Size - SD Card

Post by bru Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:34 pm

This forum is needed and looks like a great idea, especially for us new at Autochart, but no one seems to be participating. I can answer some of your questions but not all.

You don't say but I assume you are talking about a 32GB SDHC card. I have an new empty card that has 29.7GB available on it.

"If I remove all the record folders and store elsewhere, it appears I can get more map records without using as much space."--- This makes sense. I had planned on doing the same if card space got to be an issue. Plus I would make back ups of your data on another card and/or your hard drive. Cards are not  the best place to keep data long term. It would really suck to loose a lot of mapping.

Why would you want to go to Lowrance ? I came from there and Humminbird has so many more and more advanced features than anyone else. They are leading the industry and far ahead.

Last edited by bru on Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:39 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : addition)

bru

Back to top Go down