Helix 9 does not display continuous AutoChart recordings of area being mapped - active ACL display seems limited to a 2000' sq. area?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Helix 9 does not display continuous AutoChart recordings of area being mapped - active ACL display seems limited to a 2000' sq. area?

Post by Big River Mike on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:14 am

I just spent considerable time mapping an unmapped portage lake on the Canadian border with Minnesota.  Auto Chart Live (ACL) worked fine and built a great contour map while it was properly displaying ACL data, but I have two problems with ACL.  

1. It seems that ACL will only record in a 2000' square area of the lake and when I drive out of that square, the active ACL mapping and contours disappear from the display, but ACL is still recording.  When I circle back into the original square, the ACL mapping is displayed and new mapping continues.  The boat icon and active track continue, yet the ACL contour build is not displayed.

To get the contours in the adjacent area to display, I have to drive the boat into that area, go back into the ACL menu box, turn recording off and turn it back on again, then the active mapping and contours in the new ACL area will display like they should.  If I go back into the first ACL area, I can't get the Helix 9 to display the 1st area ACL action unless I turn recording off and on again.  Why doesn't the ACL map record seamlessly as I drive the boat around?  Why do I have to stop and start the recording to see my ACL map continue mapping into what appears to a new ACL area?  It seems that ACL is only able to display one Humminbird defined square active mapping area at a time, although the recording can continue outside that box without actively being seen on the display.  How can I get ACL to keep recording and displaying as much of the lake as I want until I turn it off?  Is there a Helix 9 display memory issue here?  An ACL active display area

2. When I turn on my unit it asks if I want to save data to my Zero Lines Card (ZLC) and I say ok.  Since all the data is saved on the ZLC card, why doesn't my chart feature begin displaying the ACL map when I turn on my unit? Do I have to run the accumulated ZLC data through AC Pro? Why wont my Helix 9 automatically display the saved ZLC mapping data as a chart on my display without going through the ACL record "on-off" maneuver?

I have also taken recorded data and put it in Auto Chart Pro and saved the map to my ZLC with no different results.  It will not display as a chart on my Helix 9 even though I select ACL as my chart in the menu and set "Base Data" to "AC".   I got the standard Humminbird chart display without my ZLC map...unless I go into the ACL menu and perform the record on-off dance.  Then, I get the same display limitations as stated above.

ACL seems to be a great product, yet very, very complicated and yet not sufficiently covered in the Helix 9 instructions, or in the AC Pro instructions.  Hopefully, this forum can help.

Any helpful thoughts and detailed steps to address this would be appreciated.

Thank you

Big River Mike

Back to top Go down

same here

Post by 40creek on Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:58 pm

Any one else run into this also all acl mapping there then not there

40creek

Back to top Go down

Re: Helix 9 does not display continuous AutoChart recordings of area being mapped - active ACL display seems limited to a 2000' sq. area?

Post by Dennis Halladay on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:52 am

I have had problems viewing AC data I had transferred to my zero lines card when on the lake. Removing and re-installing the zero lines card while the unit is on has fixed the problem for me.

Dennis Halladay

Back to top Go down

Re: Helix 9 does not display continuous AutoChart recordings of area being mapped - active ACL display seems limited to a 2000' sq. area?

Post by bftl on Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:21 pm

I have a Helix 9 SI, Software is up to date... used auto chart live for about 6 hrs of good recording then I purchase a Zero Line Card in and all I get is a blue colored shape of the water. Will not allow me to use or see autochart live contours from now or from the already recorded internal mapping I done. Very frustrating. Have talk with Humminbird I keep getting "make sure ACL is on" "contour line visible" " map orientation on auto" all seems weird, should act as when I was using ACL internal. I see Dennis has fixed the problem with re-installing, that's just putting the card back in the unit not actual installing correct?

bftl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis Halladay on Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:28 pm

Referring to auto chart PC maps, sometimes they don't show up when I start the sonar but appear as they should when I reinstall my zero lines card. AC lives has always worked as it should.

Dennis Halladay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top